Create Equipment list
In this phase, we create the equipment list. To accomplish that we will use the analytical schedule as a basis. For the equipment list we are going to determine which equipment is needed and how many.
Depending on the number of samples and the wishes of the client a level of automation can be determined. With the information gathered during the data collection, we can advise on brands and models.
Other factors might influence the list of equipment.
Factors of influence
- Amount of samples to be analyzed
- Standards/lab procedures to be used
- What is the quality level required?
- What is the budget (price)
- Does the client have experience with certain brands/models?
- What kind of local support is there in that area/region/country?
- what level of automation does the client prefer?
- Is the equipment easy to operate?
- Are there any further equipment requirements?
The combination of the analytical schedule, equipment list and other information gathered during the data collection is the basis for laboratory design.